To place an order add the required quantity to the box below and click on Add to Shopping Basket.
Be taken aback by The Honours of Scotland, which are amongst the oldest in Europe. Also see the Stone of Destiny, the ancient coronation seat of Scotlands Kings. Marvel at the strength of this military stronghold and see the extent of its firepower. See where Mary Queen of Scots gave birth to the future king of Scotland and England. See the deep prisons where countless prisoners were held over the centuries.
Enjoy spectacular views from this defensive highground.
Top of the list for many visitors are the highlights of Edinburgh Castle. On your visit look out for the black shields that draw you towards these key places of interest.
- Visitor Services are available to assist with your query during regular opening hours
- Guided tour is included with admission
- Audio guides are available for hire in eight languages
- Courtesy vehicle available on request
- Three gift shops sell a wide range of high quality gifts, books and souvenirs
- The comfortable Redcoat Café and stylish Queen Anne Café offer two dining options
- Toilets available throughout with baby changing facilities
- Please note that some areas are unsuitable for wheelchair access
Timetable of Events throughout the Day at Edinburgh Castle
0930: Official piped opening
Hear the Piper play to showcase the grand opening.
1045-1200: Traditional Scottish Music
Enjoy the sound of the bagpipes and take the opportunity to have your photograph taken with the Edinburgh Castle Piper.
1300: One o'clock gun salute
Be ready for it! When you hear the pipes it is about to start.
Step back in time and hear the amazing stories of Edinburgh Castle and its characters in the magnificent Great Hall.
Free Guided Tours
Join one of the free guided tours and take in the highlights of the Castle alongside spectacular views of Edinburgh.
Tastings in the range of castle shops.
Enjoy a taste of Edinburgh Castle's fantastic Scottish food and drink.
The Redcoat or Queen Anne Café
Admire the views of Edinburgh from the Redcoat Café or relax in the heart of the Castle in the Queen Anne Café