Please note that this Tour does not operate between October and May.
- Isle of Skye
- Jacobite Steam Train
- Ferry to Mallaig
- Loch Ness
- Eilean Donan Castle
- Dunkeld Cathedral
- Two nights accommodation in a 3* B&B/Hotel - rooms with private facilities on the Isle of Skye
- Full Scottish breakfast
- Steam train trip on the world-famous Jacobite Steam Train
- Three full day excursions in a state-of-the-art Mercedes midi-coach
- Services of fully trained local guide throughout the trip
- Ferry ‘across the sea’ from the Isle of Skye
- Lunches & evening meals
- Admission to Visitor Attractions
- Mondays: 1st July – 16th September 2013
- Wednesdays:15th May – 25th September 2013
- Saturdays: 18th May – 19th October 2013
- Tour Starts Day 1: 08:45 – 60 High Street, Edinburgh
- Tour Finishes Day 3: 20:30 – 60 High Street, Edinburg
- Choose between bed and breakfast accommodation or hotel accommodation
- Prices displayed are per person and based on two people sharing a Twin/Double room
- Single Supplements are subject to availability and cost an additional £15 per night - cost for 2 nights shown below.
- Please enter the number of applicable single supplements
- Senior rate applies to those aged 60+
- Children age range is 5-17
- The minimum age for children travelling on our tours is 5.
When booking your tickets, certain dates may be unavailable and will be shown on the calendar with a grey background.
To place an order add the required quantity to the box below and click on Add to Shopping Basket.
Please complete the following:
Perthshire, a land of forests, rivers and mountains. We visit the quaint village of Dunkeld with its historic cathedral sitting on the banks of the River Tay. It’s then further north and west deeper into the Highlands and its stunning scenery before we enter the Great Glen. At Fort Augustus, there is time to explore the shores of Loch Ness and maybe get a chance to spot our Nessie. The journey continues to the famous Isle of Skye but first we see Eilean Donan Castle, one of Scotland’s most famous icons. Our home for the night is Portree, capital of the ‘winged isle’ where you can walk on the harbour and have some seafood in one of the local restaurants.
You will spend a full day exploring the dramatic Isle of Skye with its amazing scenery, myths and legends. Hear tales of Bonnie Prince Charlie’s escape against the backdrop of the jagged Cuillin Mountains. Our journey heads to the north of the island past the mysterious Trotternish Ridge. Highlights may include the Quiraing with its spectacular cliffs, the mysterious rock formation of the Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock with its cascading waterfall and Dunvegan Castle. We return to Portree in time to relax after a day of exploration.
In the morning we explore the south of the island, known as 'the Garden of Skye', before taking the ferry to the west coast fishing village of Mallaig. Then we board the Jacobite steam train to Fort William, one of the most spectacular railway journeys in the world. The train crosses the Glenfinnan viaduct made famous by the Harry Potter films and where a monument to Bonnie Prince Charlie’s campaign now stands. We head south through the dramatic scenery of Glencoe, wild Rannoch Moor then through the heart of Rob Roy country before arriving back in Edinburgh, early evening.