To place an order add the required quantity to the box below and click on Add to Shopping Basket.
Please complete the following:
To order your London Travelcard please follow these steps:
1. Select the quantity of Travelcard(s) you wish to buy. Click on the Tickets & Prices tab for information on peak/off-peak and child tickets.
2. Enter your required start date for your travelcard & click on “Add to Shopping Basket”.
3. If you are buying Travelcards with different dates: on the next screen please click on “Continue Shopping”
Please note: For example, if you wish to have a one day travelcard for three different dates, you will need to repeat the above process three times.
This is a selection of the most common FAQs. For further information, please click 'London Transport Information' in the menu on the right hand side.
Should I get a London Travelcard or Oyster Card?
- The Visitor Oyster Card is a contactless smartcard that carries credit which you can use to pay for journeys on all public transport on the Transport for London (TfL) network. It is valid in all travel zones and automatically calculates the cheapest total fare for all the journeys you make in a single day.
- The Travelcard is a paper London travel pass which is valid for either a single day or seven days, and is available for certain combinations of travel zones. It is also valid on all public transport on the TfL network
- Whether you should get the Travelcard or Oyster Card depends on how long you’re staying in London and how frequently you’ll be using public transport.
- If you are in London for a week and plan to use only the central London Travelcard zones on a daily basis then a 7 day Travelcard might be the most cost-effective option. If you plan to stay in London for a shorter time or want to travel to the outskirts of the city, the pay-as-you-go Oyster Card cost might be cheaper.
Can families or groups all use the same Travelcard?
- No, each person must have their own London Travelcard, except under 11s who travel free with a paying adult.
What are the different London Travelcard prices?
- Travelcard prices start at £7.30 for a central London 1 day Travelcard and go up to £55.60 for a 7 day Travelcard covering zones 1-6.
- Child Travelcards are approximately half these prices.
Where can I buy a London Travelcard? Can I buy a London Travelcard online?
- Buy your London Travelcard from the VisitBritain Shop and it will be mailed to you at your home address, ready to use for when you arrive in London.
Can I use my London Travelcard to get the Tube from Heathrow to London or from London to Heathrow?
- Yes, so long as your Travelcard is valid on the day of travel and covers zones 1-6.
- Heathrow Airport is on the Piccadilly Line in London travel zone 6, so Travelcards covering only zones 1-2 will not be valid.
How long does the Tube from Heathrow to London take, or from London to Heathrow?
- The journey time between Heathrow Airport and central London is around 45 – 50 minutes.
Is it valid for trains to Gatwick Airport?
- No, as Gatwick Airport is not connected to the Transport for London network.
- The fastest way to travel from Gatwick to London or from London to Gatwick is the Gatwick Express train. Gatwick Express tickets are available from the VisitBritain Shop.
Is it valid for trains to Stansted Airport?
- No, as Stansted Airport is not connected to the Transport for London network.
- The fastest way to travel from Stansted to London or from London to Stansted is the Stansted Express train. Stansted Express tickets are available from the VisitBritain Shop.
Is it valid for trains to Luton Airport?
- No, as Luton Airport is not connected to the Transport for London network.
- The fastest way to travel from Luton to London or from London to Luton is by train. Luton to London train tickets are available from the VisitBritain Shop.