- A carer accompanying a disabled person gets in free of charge
- Group tickets are available for 15+ people (all ages)
To place an order add the required quantity to the box below and click on Add to Shopping Basket.
Located right in the centre of London, the SeaLife London Aquarium takes you on an immersive and interactive journey through the oceans of the world.
Start your visit with a trip in a submarine-style elevator to the depths of the Atlantic, where a glass ‘Ocean Tunnel’ walkway through a tank holding 2 million litres of water will give you an unforgettable view of life in a tropical ocean.
The Aquarium is home to the largest shoal of cownose rays in the world, and if you visit at the right time you’ll even be able to feed them. Feeding time at the piranha tank is also one to watch, and as you’ll see, piranhas deserve their reputation!
The rays and piranhas are joined by diving displays, touch pools, special ‘discovery zones’ and species as diverse as green turtles, seahorses, octopuses, zebra sharks and clown fish – at the London Aquarium, you really can Find Nemo!
The ‘Rainforests of the World’ feature allows you to get up close with over 3000 of the rainforest’s most famous and feared residents, including a pair of 6 ft West African Dwarf crocodiles.
Younger guests will love the immersive child-friendly experience featuring a Quiz Trail, with a chance for our young explorers to win a medal at the end of their adventure!
Later on the tour, brave visitors can enjoy the spectacle of 12 different shark species circling beneath their feet as they cross their tank on a suspended glass walkway.
The Behind the Scenes Tour is a new feature of the London Aquarium, giving guests an exciting look at the work of Aquarium staff in caring for a such a diverse range of ocean life.
The tour is split into three main sections:
Creature care and research
This part of the tour explores how the team look after animals who are not currently on display to the public.
This could include new arrivals at the aquarium who are getting used to their new surroundings, creatures who need a temporary home while their main home is being cleaned or maintained, or animals who need some medical treatment.
Here you’ll get a real insight into the research and breeding programs carried out at the aquarium, including rearing unusual species of fish, populating coral, and even SeaLife’s highly successful seahorse breeding activities.
The aquarium has 65 displays with a total of 2.5 million litres of water, so maintaining excellent water quality is absolutely vital.
20 different systems and 100 pumps keep everything working as it should, and you’ll get a unique view of how the systems work and even get to carry out some quality checks yourself.
The 5,000 creatures at the London Aquarium devour more than 50kg of food every week, and this section of the tour shows you exactly what’s on the menu!
- The Behind the Scenes tour is only available in English
- The 45 minutes for the Behind the Scenes tour is in addition to the recommended 90 minutes to visit the main aquarium attraction
- Access to the Behind the Scenes tour includes many working areas that are normally off-limits to the public. For this reason, once you have joined the Behind the Scenes tour you will be escorted at all times and will not be able to return to the main attraction until the tour is over
- Behind the Scenes tour group tickets are not available
- Behind the Scenes Tours are 45 minutes long and are available Monday - Thursday: 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm and Friday - Sunday: 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm, 4.30pm
- 20 July - 1 September: Additional tour daily at 5.30pm
- Toilets and baby facilities available on every floor, buggies and pushchairs can be used freely and easily
- Lift access to all levels
The SeaLife London Aquarium is just over Westminster Bridge from Big Ben and a short walk from Waterloo Station.
SEA LIFE London Aquarium opens daily from 10am to 7pm (last entry 6pm)
Exceptions to the opening hours:
- Christmas Eve (24 December): 9am – 4pm (last entry at 3pm)
- Christmas Day (25 December): Closed
- New Year’s Eve (31 December): 9am – 3pm (last entry at 2pm)
- New Years Day (1 January): 10am - 8pm (last entry at 7pm)
Extended Opening Hours:
SEA LIFE London Aquarium opens from 9am to 8pm (last entry 7pm) during all UK school holidays:
- 20 December 2014 - 4 January 2015
- 14 - 22 February
- 28 March - 12 April
- 23 - 31 May
- 25 July - 31 August
- 24 October - 1 November
- 19 - 23 December 2015
- 27 - 30 December 2015