To place an order add the required quantity to the box below and click on Add to Shopping Basket.
Please complete the following:
Afternoon tea was popularised by Anna, the seventh Duchess of Bedford. In the 18th and 19th centuries, the upper classes enjoyed large breakfasts, small lunches and very late dinners. Frustrated with the “sinking feeling” she felt every afternoon between lunch and dinner, Anna instructed her servants to serve tea and cakes in her bedroom.
She enjoyed it so much that she repeated the experience every afternoon thereafter. Other members of the aristocracy followed suit and the practice of “taking tea” became well established, eventually trickling down through society to the lower classes.
The historic Grosvenor House Hotel has been frequented by royalty, celebrities and business leaders since opening in 1929. The Park Room and Library reflects the style, comfort and charm of a living room in an English stately home.
Anna’s Afternoon Tea gives you the full experience including:
- a selection of fine teas
- light sandwiches
- buttermilk scones with Devonshire clotted cream and Cornish strawberry jam
- a selection of cream puffs
- French pastries.
Savour a traditional afternoon tea in the relaxed surroundings of the Lutyens Lounge at the Bloomsbury Hotel, while still enjoying the convenience of a fantastic central location. Executive Head Chef Paul O’Brien has crafted a superb afternoon tea menu, which includes:
- freshly brewed teas and coffees
- a delightful range of finger sandwiches
- delicious scones with jam and cream
- freshly baked cakes
Fortnum & Mason:
The world renowned department store Fortnum & Mason incorporates the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon. This world-renowned restaurant offers an elegant and relaxed atmosphere for Traditional Afternoon Tea between noon and 7pm.
You will be treated to:
- a fine selection of teas
- luxury and traditional sandwiches including coronation chicken, fresh mango and chilli; cucumber and cream cheese; roast beef, horseradish and capers; oak smoked salmon with lemon butter
- buttery pastries
- a selection of scones with clotted cream and preserves
Grosvenor House Hotel (86-90 Park Lane, Mayfair, London, W1K 7AW):
- Monday – Sunday 14:00–18:00
Fortnum and Mason (181 Piccadilly, London W1A 1ER):
- Monday – Saturday 15:00 - 19:00
- Sunday 15:00 - 17:00
Bloomsbury Hotel - Lutyens Lounge (16-22 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3NN):
- Monday - Sunday 13:00 - 18:00