Your security is of paramount importance to us and we make every effort to ensure that our checkout process prevents fraud and that your personal details are protected at all times.
The VisitBritain online shop website is PCI compliant. This is a standard set up to regulate the management of cardholder data and our site is tested quarterly to ensure that high security standards are maintained.
Our site also has Verisign certification as proof that our site meets the strictest security standards.
Protecting You Against Fraud
- You will be asked to provide your three digit signature code when placing orders.
- All transactions are submitted to our payment gateway, where they are authenticated and subject to a number of fraud checks. These checks have been carefully devised in order to detect and prevent fraud.
- Orders are individually monitored and as an extra security measure we may telephone you in order to verify your details.
Keeping Your Personal Details Safe
- You will notice that the pages in the checkout and in the area where your details are stored have an "https" prefix. This shows that you are in a secure environment.
- The personal details you enter when placing an order are encrypted before being transmitted to us, which means that they cannot be intercepted and used by others. Our site has recently been upgraded to support 128 bit encryption.
- Our Verisign certification (Secure Site Pro with EV) guarantees that we meet the strictest validation requirements and that our business is legitimate.
- Your Card details are not stored by VisitBritain and cannot be accessed by VisitBritain staff. (This is why you will need to type in these details every time you place an order.)
Tips for Safer Online Shopping
If you have any further questions or concerns about our security arrangements, please contact us.
- If you email us regarding a transaction, never include your card details or a scanned copy of a bank statement showing personal details.
- Make your password difficult to guess in order to prevent other people using your login.
- When you have finished shopping always close your browser, especially if you share a PC. Doing this will delete temporary internet cookies from sites you have visited and will ensure that other people cannot see your details.